Cheers to the weekend! Elevate your brunch game for fall by mixing up an apple cider mimosa, made with cinnamon vodka, fresh pressed apple cider and your favorite champagne or sparkling cider.
The mimosas might be my favorite part of brunch. But in fall, the traditional OJ and champagne combo just won’t do. It’s apple cider mimosa season!
Apple cider is one of my favorite things to sip in the fall. Be sure you check out these 30 apple cider drink recipes and serving ideas for fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas. So many yummy ways to enjoy this fall beverage.
What is a mimosa?
While a traditional mimosa is made with only two ingredients — fruit juice and champagne — I like adding cinnamon vodka to the fall, apple cider version. It gives it more flavor and more of a kick. You just need that some mornings.
Technically, that might make this recipe an apple cider bellini. Mimosa? Bellini? Call it what you like!
This apple cider cocktail is the perfect way to toast the weekend. Made with fresh-pressed apple cider, cinnamon vodka and sparkling champagne, it’s a wonderful accompaniment to a big breakfast. Pumpkin spice french toast or Chocolate Chip Nutella French toast, perhaps, or my friend, Michelle’s apple monkey bread are both good choices.
Michelle, who writes the blog Weekend Craft, and I have teamed up today to bring you two apple cider cocktail recipes. I’m sharing a simple apple cider mimosa recipe, and she’s serving up apple cider sangria.
If you’re still thirsty after trying both of those recipes, here are a few more apple cider drinks you may want to try:
- Cinnamon Apple Cider Slushies
- Apple Cider Martini
- Cinnamon Apple Cider Mule
- 30 Apple Cider Drinks Everyone Will Love
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Want to see a brief overview of the process before diving into the recipe? Click here to watch my web story on how to make a cinnamon apple cider mimosa.
To Make an Apple Cider mimosa, You Will Need:
- Apple cider – Fresh-pressed cider from a local orchard is the best, but you can also find good varieties at the grocery store. Try to buy fresh, if you can find it.
- Cinnamon vodka or cinnamon whiskey – I have a recipe for a quick and easy cinnamon vodka, made with Red Hots candy, here. I recommend making a batch to have on hand for these mimosas and other fall cocktails. But in a pinch, you can use your favorite brand of cinnamon vodka or even cinnamon whiskey.
- Champagne, sparkling wine or sparkling apple cider – A mimosa needs bubbles. Champagne is the preference, of course, but you can also use sparkling wine, Prosecco or even sparkling apple cider, if you want to reduce the alcohol content of this cocktail
- Champagne flutes – This recipe makes an 8-ounce apple cider mimosa, perfectly sized for these everyday champagne flutes from World Market.
- Red sugar – Use this to rim the edge of the cocktail flutes
- Apple slices – I like to use a crisp apple, but any variety works for this cocktail. I really like the new apple variety, Cosmic Crisp, which is crunchy, juicy and sweet.
How to Make A Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosa
- Dip the rim of the champagne flute in water, then dip in sanding sugar to rim the glass.
- Pour in 1 part chilled cinnamon vodka and 1 part fresh apple cider into a champagne flute
- Fill the glass with champagne.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
Feel free to experiment with different spirits in this apple cider mimosa. Instead of using the cinnamon candy infused vodka, try it with Fireball Whiskey or another cinnamon whiskey or even apple brandy.
You can also test the recipe with different brands of cinnamon vodka. Some taste more like cinnamon candy, while others are spicier. This recipe could also be made with apple vodka, or a mix of cinnamon and apple vodka.
Or you can skip the vodka altogether and make a two-ingredient apple cider mimosa with cider and champagne.
Feel free to use champagne, Prosecco, sparkling wine or even sparkling apple juice in your apple cider mimosa.
This recipe can be multiplied to make a pitcher of apple cider mimosas. Just mix up the apple cider and vodka, blend well and refrigerate.
When you’re ready to serve the mimosas, pour the juice mixture into champagne flutes and top with champagne.
You may enjoy these other sparkling cocktail recipes
Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosa
- cocktail shaker
- cocktail jigger
- champagne flute
For the Infused Vodka
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 cup Red Hots candies crushed to a powder
For the Apple Cider Mimosa
- 2 ounces cinnamon vodka
- 2 ounces fresh-pressed apple cider
- 4 ounces champagne or sparkling wine
- apple slices for garnish
- red sanding sugar for the rims of the glasses
To Make the Infused Vodka
- Pour Red Hots candies into a bag and crush lightly. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until the candies become a fine powder.
- Place powdered candies into a mason jar and top with 2 cups of plain vodka.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake to blend. Allow to sit until the powdered candy dissolves.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain any solids from the infused vodka.
To Make the Apple Cider Mimosa
- Dip the rim of a champagne glass in water, then dip into red sanding sugar.
- Pour 2 ounces of chilled cinnamon vodka into the champagne flute
- Pour 2 ounces of fresh apple cider into the glass.
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine.
If you try this Apple Cider Mimosa or any recipe on Atta Girl Says, please come back and share your 5-star rating in the comments below! I appreciate it, and my readers do, too!