This mouth watering Pumpkin Pie Spice Stuffed French Toast should be your go-to fall breakfast. It features a sweet pumpkin cream cheese mixture sandwiched between slices of French bread and fried to golden perfection.
French toast is one of those foods I associate with fancy B&Bs and lazy Sunday brunches.
And stuffed French toast takes it to another level of decadent deliciousness!
Yep, I went there.
I took fall’s favorite flavor — pumpkin spice — mixed it with some cream cheese, sandwiched it between slices of French bread, dipped it in a tasty spiced egg batter and fried it up for breakfast!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer. It gives this stuffed French toast all its fall flavor, so you don’t have to fiddle with measuring out cinnamon and nutmeg and other spcies. I just love a shortcut in the kitchen!
French toast may seem fancy, but it’s really an easy dish to make — even stuffed French toast. With a little advance prep, you could certainly make this recipe on a weekday morning.
Just make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to savor it while you sip a cup of your favorite coffee, flavored with International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Stuffed French Toast
Prepare the filling by creaming together softened cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and vanilla in a mixer.
Cut French bread into slices that are 2 inches thick, then use a knife to make a slit in the center of each slice to create a pocket for the filling. Alternately, you can slice bread 1 inch thick and spread filling between slices.
Dip each stuffed bread slice in the egg and cream mixture, allowing to soak into the bread for about 2 minutes.
Then flip the bread over and allow to soak in the egg mixture for 2 minutes more.
Fry the bread slices in butter in batches, cooking on each side until golden brown.
Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with hot maple syrup, if desired.
When you serve this pumpkin spice stuffed French toast, you can give it a light dusting of powdered sugar and dig in. But I love to drizzle it with a little hot maple syrup for the ultimate fall flavor mashup.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Pumpkin Spice Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 7 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup optional
- In a mixer, combine softened cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth, like a frosting.
- Cut French bread into slices that are 2 inches thick, then use a knife to make a slit in the center of each slice to create a pocket for the filling.
- Spread pumpkin cream cheese filling in the pocket of each slice of bread.
- In a large baking dish, whisk together eggs and coffee creamer.
- Dip each stuffed bread slice in the egg mixture, allowing to soak into the bread for about 2 minutes.
- Then flip the bread over and allow to soak in the egg mixture for 2 minutes more.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and fry the bread slices in batches.
- Cook each side until golden brown, then remove to a plate.
- You may need to melt more butter for each batch of toast slices.
- Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with hot maple syrup, if desired.
Leave a Reply