A cinnamon apple cider mule is a refreshing fall cocktail. Make it with ginger cider beer and vodka infused with Red Hots cinnamon candy for a tart, sweet and spicy twist. You can also use ginger beer and cinnamon vodka or whiskey.
Cheers to my favorite flavor of fall! What better way to toast the new season than with a cinnamon apple cider mule?
This cocktail captures the essence of a crisp fall day in a frosty copper mug. The combination of fresh-pressed apple cider, cinnamon vodka and fizzy ginger cider beer is so delicious. It’s the perfect thing to sip while watching football or carving pumpkins.
At the moment, as our North Carolina weather teeters between summer and fall, this particular apple cider cocktail is just what I need. The flavor is all fall, but with a frosty, refreshing finish. I think you’ll like it, too.
You can scroll to the end of this post for the full recipe and ingredient list. But you may want to keep reading for more tips on how to make the perfect cinmamon apple cider Moscow mule.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
To Make an Apple Cider Mule, You Will Need:
- Apple cider – Fresh-pressed cider from a local orchard is the best, but you can also find good varieties at the grocery store. Try to buy fresh, if you can find it.
- Red Hots infused vodka, cinnamon vodka or cinnamon whiskey – I have a recipe for a quick and easy cinnamon vodka, made with Red Hots candy, here. I recommend making a batch to have on hand. But in a pinch, you can use your favorite brand of cinnamon vodka or even cinnamon whiskey.
- Ginger cider or ginger beer – Traditional Moscow Mule cocktails are made with ginger beer. But for this recipe, I used a ginger hard cider, Rhize Up by Bull City Cider. You can use another brand of ginger cider, or substitute ginger beer or hard cider, depending on your preference.
- Ice – Cubes are preferred, although you can also used crushed ice for a frostier drink.
- Apple slices – I like to use a tart, crisp apple, but any variety works for this cocktail.
- Copper mug – Moscow Mules taste best served in a copper mug, but you can use a glass instead. (I recommend popping the glass in the freezer until it’s cold and frosty.)
- Cocktail jigger – So useful for measuring liquors and juices when making mixed drinks.
- Cocktail spoon or stirring rod – Some cocktails should be stirred, not shaken, no matter what James Bond says.
How to Make An Apple Cider Mule
- Add several ice cubes to the copper mug.
- Pour in 1 part cinnamon vodka and 2 parts fresh apple cider.
- Fill the mug with ginger cider and stir.
- Garnish with apple slices.
While a traditional Moscow Mule is made with vodka, you can experiment with different spirits in this apple cider version. Try it with Fireball Whiskey or another cinnamon whiskey or bourbon.
You can also test the recipe with different cinnamon vodkas. Some taste more like cinnamon candy, while others more closely resemble the spice. This recipe could also be made with apple vodka, or a mix of cinnamon and apple vodka.
Use ginger beer, hard cider or even non-alcoholic ginger ale in place of the ginger cider beer.
This recipe can be multiplied to make a pitcher of apple cider mules. Just mix up the apple cider, vodka and ginger cider and blend well. Pour into individual copper mugs that have been filled halfway with ice.
You may enjoy these other Drink recipes
If you try this Apple Cider Mule or any recipe on Atta Girl Says, please come back and share your 5-star rating in the comments below! I appreciate it, and my readers do, too!
This cocktail captures the essence of a crisp fall day in a frosty copper mug. The combination of fresh-pressed apple cider, cinnamon vodka and fizzy ginger cider beer is so delicious.
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 cup Red Hots candies crushed to a powder
- 1.5 ounces Red Hots infused vodka
- 3 ounces fresh-pressed apple cider
- cider ginger beer
- ice cubes
- apple slices for garnish
Pour Red Hots candies into a bag and crush lightly. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until the candies become a fine powder.
Place powdered candies into a mason jar and top with 2 cups of plain vodka.
Put the lid on the jar and shake to blend. Allow to sit until the powdered candy dissolves.
Use a fine mesh strainer to strain any solids from the infused vodka.
Place several ice cubes in a copper mug. Pour the infused vodka and apple cider over the ice.
Fill the mug with ginger beer.
Use a cocktail spoon or stirring rod to blend the cocktail.
Garnish with apple slices.