POG Juice Wine Slushies are made with a blend of passionfruit, orange and guava juice, sweet Moscato wine and pineapple juice. If you’ve had the frozen POG Slushie at Disney, these are even better!
Move over frosé! These POG Juice Wine Slushies are the perfect tropical drink for warmer days ahead.
The frozen blend of Hawaiian POG Juice, dessert wine and pineapple juice will make you feel like you’re on an island getaway! Try one poolside or on the beach.
With a sweeter flavor and less acidic finish than orange juice, POG juice is a great choice for cocktails. In addition to wine slushies, use it to make POG mimosas or a tropical hurricane cocktail. If you like frozen drinks, be sure to try this vodka-spiked POG Juice Alcohol Slushies recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. AttaGirlSays.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure policy here.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
White wine slushies are such a refreshing summertime drink. They’re the perfect cocktail to cool you down on a hot day or to serve for girls night.
This POG Juice slushie uses just three ingredients, and it takes only minutes to blend a batch!
The flavor is amazing, thanks to the blend of delicious tropical fruit juices known as Hawaiian POG juice. If you don’t want to make your own POG juice, you can buy it online on the mainland or in grocery stores in Hawaii.
The sweet tangy fruit juice blend of passionfruit juice, orange juice and guava juice pairs fabulously with sweet Moscato wine and pineapple juice.
Some wine slush recipes call for added sugar or simple syrup. But this one is just the right balance of tart and sweet.
🍍 Ingredients for POG Juice Slushies
To make this Hawaiian-inspired frozen drink, you will need:
- Homemade POG Juice
- Chilled Moscato wine
- Pineapple juice
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries, for garnish
See recipe card for quantities.
🍹 How to Make Wine Slushies
- Mix up the homemade fruit juice ahead of time. (Get my POG Juice recipe here). Pour the into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Add frozen POG juice ice cubes to a blender.
- Pour in chilled Moscato wine and fresh pineapple juice.
- Blend until smooth and frosty. If you prefer a thicker wine slushy, add ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled, stemless wine glasses and garnish with fruit slices and cocktail cherries.
Hint: For a thicker wine slushy, freeze half the wine in ice cube trays.
📖 Variations and Substitutions
This POG Juice Wine Slushie recipe is really adapatable. Try these ingredient swaps and variations:
- Pineapple soda – Instead of pineapple juice, use pineapple soda. (Jarritos and Fanta are two brands to try.) This will result in a sweeter wine slushie. Disney’s frozen POG slushies are made with pineapple soda.
- Wine – Moscato wines are a good choice for wine slushies because they are sweeter and have a lower alcohol content than some other varietals. You can also make these POG Juice Slushies with another sweet or dessert-style wine. I also like using riesling and Prosecco in wine slushie recipes.
- Booze it up – You can add more wine to your frozen POG drinks, though you may need to add more ice to keep things slushy. You can also add a shot of liqueur, such as triple sec or Grand Marnier, or try spiking them with pineapple rum.
- Frozen Pineapple – Add a handful of frozen pineapple to the wine slushies before blending to make a fruitier drink. You can also use other tropical frozen fruit.
- Mocktail: Substitute more POG juice and pineapple juice for the wine in this recipe to make a nonalcoholic version.
To make wine slushies, you’ll need:
If you make a lot of smoothies or frozen drinks, I recommend investing in a high-powered blender with ice crushing capabilities. I have the KitchenAid K400, and love it.
These frozen drinks are best served immediately. They’re at their frostiest and slushiest right out of the blender.
You can make slushies a short bit ahead of time and let them chill for 20 to 30 minutes in the freezer to thicken. Just them a good stir or a quick blend before serving, in case the wine and juice have separated.
You just don’t want the wine slushies to freeze solid or you’ll have to wait for them to thaw before serving.
More Frozen Drink Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy these other frozen drink recipes.
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- Frosted Lemonade
- Cinnamon Apple Cider Slushie
- Tropical Frozen Lemonade with Pineapple Rum
Pin This! POG Juice Wine Slushie Recipe
🎥 Recipe Card & Video
This recipe makes two wine slushies. It can easily be divided or doubled if you want to make a different quantity of frozen drinks.
POG Juice Wine Slushie
- 4 cups frozen POG juice (approximately 28 ice cubes)
- 1½ cups Moscato wine
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- orange slices for garnish
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- Freeze POG juice in two ice cube trays to make 4 cups of ice.
- Add frozen POG juice ice to blender with Moscato wine and pineapple juice.
- Blend until ice is crushed and mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour into chilled wine glasses and garnish with orange slices and maraschino cherries
- Substitute pineapple soda for pineapple juice.
- If you prefer, you can use another sweet or dessert-style wine in place of Moscato. I also like using riesling and Prosecco in wine slushie recipes.
- Add a shot of liqueur, such as triple sec or Grand Marnier, or try spiking the slushies with pineapple rum.
- Add a handful of frozen pineapple cubes to the wine slushies before blending to make a fruitier drink.