Break out the Mod Podge and your favorite patterned paper, tissue paper or napkins to make pretty decoupage Easter eggs. I’ve rounded up 20 different techniques and ideas for decorating Easter eggs.
You don’t have to have any artistic talent to create jaw-droppingly gorgeous decoupage Easter eggs.
If haven’t tried your hand at decorating easter eggs with napkins or tissue paper or other ephemera, these ideas are sure to inspire you to break out the Mod Podge.
In addition to napkins and tissue paper, you can use sheet music, newsprint, scrapbook paper, printed designs, book pages, thin paper, special decoupage paper, feathers and even lace to decorate Easter eggs.
The decoupage technique works on real eggs, craft eggs, papier mache eggs, plastic eggs, painted eggs and wooden eggs.
Blue & White Chinoiserie Decoupage Easter Eggs
I am obsessed with all things blue and white, as you might have learned from my recent Chinoiserie oyster shells.
These blue and white Easter eggs and chinoiserie Easter eggs are all so pretty. You can get a totally different look using different types of blue and white napkins and paper.
- Chinoiserie Easter Eggs from Stone Gable
- DIY Chinoiserie Easter Eggs from My Dear Irene
- Blue and White Paper Napkin Eggs from Purely Katie
- Coastal Inspired Easter Eggs from Your Marketing BFF
Mod Podge Easter Eggs
Use Mod Podge or another decoupage glue to decorate Easter eggs with book pages, napkins or images stamped on tissue paper.
- Storybook Easter Eggs from Atta Girl Says
- Vintage Book Page Easter Eggs from Making Manzanita
- Easter Egg Decorating Technique from Craftberry Bush
- Decoupage Eggs from Craft and Creativity
DIY Easter Eggs
Search stores like HomeGoods, Dollar Tree, Michael’s or even the local grocery to find napkins to use for decoupaging Easter eggs.
For best results, you’ll want to separate the napkins and use only one layer.
- Decoupaged Coastal Easter Eggs from Sand and Sisal
- Decoupaged Floral Easter Eggs from Virginia Sweet Pea
- DIY Lace Doily Easter Eggs from Little Red Window
- Scrapbook Paper Easter Eggs from First Day Of Home
Easter Eggs Made With Decoupage
Think creatively when making decoupage Easter eggs. You can cut out images from napkins or tissue paper and apply them to eggs like appliques.
You can also cover eggs with sheet music or decoupage feathers on them.
- Feather Easter Eggs from Frugal Mom Eh
- Modern Decoupage Easter Eggs from Made In A Day
- Decoupaged Easter Eggs With Napkins from Our Crafty Mom
- Music Sheet Easter Eggs from Hymns and Verses
Mod Podge Easter Eggs
You can use a variety of different types of eggs for your decoupage project.
Paper eggs are a great choice, but you can also use plastic eggs, craft eggs or real eggs that have been blown out and cleaned.
- Plastic Eggs Decoupage from Sew For Soul
- Decoupage Eggs With Colorful Napkins from Purple Hues and Me
- Mod Podge Easter Eggs from Farm Boy City Girl
- Decoupage Easter Eggs from Sincerely Saturday
Pin This! Decoupaged Easter Eggs