The taste of cheesecake without the work! This crowd-pleasing Turtle Pecan Cookie Dip is a delicious, quick and easy no-bake dessert. It’s a wonderful Valentine’s Day Treat for your sweetheart, or make a batch to use up leftover candy at Halloween.
If you love that combination of caramel, chocolate and nuts in chocolate turtles candy, wait until you take a bite of this pecan turtle cookie dip.
The sweet cream cheese dip has chunks of chocolate candy and pecans and caramel in every bite. Like my Spectacular Speculoos cookie butter dip , it is a quick and easy, no-bake dessert to prepare. Serve it with vanilla wafer cookies, graham crackers, pretzels, strawberries or another favorite dipper.
I’m making this as a sweet Valentine’s Day treat for the family. (Don’t tell them how easy this cheesecake dip recipe is to make, m’kay? I need them to think it was a lot of work.) Valentine’s Day, Easter, Christmas and beyond — this crowd-pleasing cookie dip is good to serve any time of the year.
One thing that I really like about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can use any kind of chocolate or caramel-chocolate candy you like. Keep this recipe in mind when you’re looking for something to do with the kids’ leftover Halloween candy.
You can scroll to the end of this post for the full recipe and ingredient list. But you may want to keep reading for more tips on how to make this delicious chocolate pecan turtle dip.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
TO MAKE No-bake Chocolate Pecan Caramel Dip, YOU WILL NEED:
- Cream cheese – For best results and the creamiest dip, use full-fat cream cheese. But you can substitute lower fat varieties if you’re looking to make this a bit lighter.
- Milk – Whole, 2 percent, 1 percent or skim milk works for this recipe.
- Vanilla – Choose a high-quality vanilla for the best flavor.
- Whipped topping – Use frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, for this recipe, not the stuff in aerosol cans.
- Pecans – Save money and time and buy already chopped nuts.
- Chocolate candy bars – Hershey’s milk chocolate bars are a good choice for this recipe, but you can also use caramel-chocolate bar or chocolate turtles.
- Caramel syrup – I usually use prepared caramel ice cream topping from the grocery store for drizzling, but you can also make your own caramel syrup.
- Cookies (for dipping) – Vanilla wafers always pair well with a cookie dip, but you can also serve this pecan turtle dip with graham crackers, shortbread cookies, chocolate wafers or strawberries.
- Electric mixer – You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer for this recipe.
- Large mixing bowl – My parents gave me this ceramic mixing bowl for my Kitchen-Aid, and I’m loving how it looks on my kitchen counter.
- Spatula – As David and Moira Rose would tell you, it’s good to have a spatula for folding in ingredients like broken candy bars and broken pecans.
HOW TO MAKE Pecan Turtle Cookie Dip
- Combine the cream cheese, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add in the whipped topping, and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate, until they are well incorporated.
- Refreigerate for an hour and top with chopped chocolate bars, pecans pieces, and caramel syrup before serving.
Who wants a bite right now?
See how easy this dip is to make in the video below.
VARIATIONS and Tips
What candy should I use to make tutle pecan cookie dip?
As I mentioned before, this recipe is so versatile because you can substitute your favorite candy for the plain chocolate bars.
What cookies should I serve with this sweet dip?
Nilla Wafers pair well with any cookie dip because their flavor doesn’t compete.
Serve this dessert with graham crackers, and it tastes just like turtle pecan cheesecake without all the hard work!
Pretzels are another good dipper choice. Who doesn’t love that salty-sweet combo? You can also serve the dessert dip with fresh strawberries, chocolate wafers or shortbread cookies.
Can I prepare this recipe in advance?
If you want to make this recipe ahead and serve it later, wait until just before serving to add the chocolate bar, pecan and caramel drizzle topping.
How long will this dip last in the fridge?
If you have any leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
MORE Sweet Cream Cheese Dip RECIPES
Try these other delicious dessert dips:
If you try Turtle Pecan Cookie Dip or any recipe on Atta Girl Says, please come back and share your 5-star rating in the comments below! I appreciate it, and my readers do, too!
Like turtle pecan cheesecake without the work! The sweet cream cheese dip has chunks of chocolate candy and pecans and caramel in every delicious bite.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate bars chopped
- 3 Tablespoons caramel syrup for drizzling
Combine cream cheese, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
Add in your thawed whipped topping and mix until creamy.
Fold in 1 cup of chopped pecans and 1 cup of chocolate bar pieces, until well combined.
Cover and place the dip in the fridge for an hour, or until you're ready to serve.
Top with remaining chocolate and pecan piecess, and drizzle with caramel.
Recipe can be made ahead and stored for up to a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Add toppings just before serving.
You can substitute your favorite type of chocolate caramel candy bar or use chocolate pecan turtles, for the plain milk chocolate bars in this recipe.