Made with three types of cheeses and a little bit of “everything” else, this holiday cheese ball recipe is a party guest favorite. This recipe makes two cheese balls, one to serve now and another to share.
During the holidays, it’s not unusual to be invited to back-to-back “bring-a-dish” events. But during this busy season, who has time to cook twice?
That’s what makes this easy cheese ball recipe such a lifesaver and timesaver. It makes two delicious party-sized cheese balls. Cook once, serve twice!
With so many holiday obligations, why make things hard on yourself with complicated recipes and party plans? A simple recipe like this leaves time for the more important aspects of the holiday season… like sharing fun meals, memories and wine with special friends and family.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
My friend, Amy, shared this cheese ball recipe with me 20 years ago after she brought it for the annual “Goodie Day” celebration at our office.
Amy’s cheese ball with everything was always one of the most-requested recipes. And there were never any leftovers at the end of the day. It’s great anytime of year, but especially around the holidays.
- It’s simple and quick to make
- It’s darn tasty
- It’s always popular
- It looks festive
You’ll find the printable recipe card, with exact measurements for all the ingrediens, at the end of this post. Scroll to the end for the recipe card or keep reading for tips on how to make it.
Want to see a brief overview of the process before diving into the recipe? Click here to watch my web story on how to make an “everything” cheese ball.
🥘 Ingredients for “Everything” Cheeseball
As the name implies, this cheese ball has a little bit of everything in it:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- Swiss cheese
- hot sauce
- sweet pickle relish
- poppy seeds
🧀 How to Make a Cheese Ball
To make this cheese ball recipe, you’ll start off by mixing cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, hot sauce, relish, onion and half the bacon together.
Then use wax paper to roll the mixture into two balls. Place those in the refrigerator until firm.
Remove from the cheese balls refrigerator and coat them in a mixture of the remaining bacon crumbles, pecans, parsley and poppy seeds.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
During the holidays, I love to keep delicious appetizers like this cheese ball on hand to serve at those impromptu get-togethers with friends and family.
- If you’re looking to save a few calories, you can use reduced fat or reduced calorie cream cheese and sour cream, as well as 2 percent cheese for this recipe.
- I wouldn’t recommend using fat free cream cheese or sour cream.
- For the bacon, you can fry up some bacon and chop it. Or just real bacon bits from the grocery store.
- Feel free to substitute fresh parsley for the dried flakes.
- Add dried garlic to give the cheeseball more of a kick, like an everything bagel.
Pin This! Homemade Cheese Ball Recipe
More Appetizers Recipes
Try these other family and reader favorite appetizer recipes.
- Pork Fried Wontons
- Spicy Fire Crackers
- Caramel Apple Baked Brie
- Easy French Onion Dip
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs
📋 Printable Recipe Card
Cheese Ball with Everything
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- Few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 10 slices of bacon crumbled
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 2-3 Tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Mix cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, hot sauce, relish, onion and half the bacon together.
- Using wax paper, roll into two balls and refrigerate, covered, until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator and coat in a mixture of remaining bacon crumbles, pecans, parsley and poppy seeds.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers.