This baked brie appetizer recipe is always a hit at parties, and it takes just minutes to prepare. Mix together brie, apples, cranberries, almonds and a touch of brown sugar and serve with hearty bread, tart apple slices and crackers.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeenBooed #HalloWINE #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. Read my full disclosure policy here. #BeenBooed #HalloWINE
Are you familiar with the Halloween tradition of booing the neighbors? It’s a fun game where you anonymously leave a Halloween treat on a neighbor’s doorstep and encourage them to pay it forward by booing someone else.
I’m adding a little twist to the tradition by surprising a lucky neighbor with all the fixings they’ll need for a quick and tasty gourmet dinner, including my favorite baked brie appetizer.
Who wouldn’t want to come home to find this treat waiting for them: a pumpkin gift box filled with soup mix, bread, Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon and all the ingredients for a delicious baked brie recipe.
I was inspired to put this gift basket together after seeing specially marked bottles of Robert Mondavi Private Selection wine that come with a “You’ve Been Hallo-wined” tag and a recipe for Mummy’s Mulled Wine.
When putting together this Hallo-Wine treat, I thought of what could make a busy mom’s life easier on a hectic fall day.
A quick dinner in the box would make my day any day. So I collected all the fixings: soup mix, French bread and the ingredients for a fancy but quick baked brie appetizer.
And a bottle of wine, of course!
This appetizer tastes awesome with its mix of brie, cranberries, apples and almonds, with a hint of cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. It comes together quickly, too, just 5 minutes to to prep and 10-15 minutes to bake.
I like to serve it with hearty French bread, tart apple slices and crackers.
Baked Brie Ingredients
- Brie Cheese – For the prettiest presentation, opt for a wheel of brie instead of a wedge
- Dried Cranberries – The tart flavor of the dried fruit pairs well with the mild, nutty brie
- Almonds – Use sliced almonds for this recipe
- Apple – Choose a tart apple, like a Granny Smith, to add crunch and flavor
- Brown Sugar and Cinnamon – Light brown sugar mixed with just a bit of cinnamon gives adds just a hint of sweetness to this appetizer
- Butter – Use the real stuff, not margarine, for the best flavor
How to Make Baked Brie
- Slice the wheel of brie in half horizontally, as if you were cutting a bagel. Be careful not to cut your fingers.
- Combine the apple, cranberries, sliced almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, then stir in the melted butter.
- Place half of the brie, rind side down in a brie baker, skillet or small baking dish.
- Top with half of the apple-cranberry mixture, then top with the other half of the brie, rind side up.
- Spoon the rest of the apple mixture onto the top of the brie, and the appetizer is ready to go in the oven. Cook the baked brie for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese begins to melt. Serve it hot with bread slices, crackers and apple slices.
For the HalloWINE gift basket, I measured out the almonds, brown sugar and cranberries and put them in a pretty jar inside the gift basket. I even included the required amount of butter, wrapped in a bit of parchment.
This is a full-service neighbor gift!
Here’s the baked brie recipe, so you can make it for your next party or treat the neighbors.
This nutty, slightly sweet brie appetizer pairs quite nicely with red or white wine, like Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon and Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay.
Other Appetizer Recipes You Might Like
- Nutty Fried Brie
- Easy Homemade Cheese Ball
- 100+ Recipes Using Wonton Wrappers
- Strawberry Bacon Mozzarella Flatbread
- Gourmet Pimento Cheese Party Spread
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ Granny Smith apple finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the brie in half horizontally, as if you were cutting a bagel.
Combine apple, cranberries, sliced almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Pour in the melted butter and stir to combine.
Place half of the brie, rind side down in a brie baker, skillet or small baking dish.
Top with half of the apple mixture, then top with the other half of the brie, rind side up.
Spoon the rest of the apple mixture onto the top of the brie and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
Serve with apple slices, hearty bread and crackers.
Adapted from Pampered Chef
Be sure to pin this baked brie recipe for all your holiday parties. I predict you’ll make it again and again!
Pin This! Baked Brie Appetizer