This white hot chocolate recipe with a peppermint twist is an easy, make-at-home version of the gourmet beverage, European sipping chocolate.
Have you ever had European-style sipping chocolate? It’s like drinking melted chocolate. I have an easy make-at-home recipe for peppermint white hot chocolate that is so good.
This weekend, the weather turned cool and we started pulling our Christmas decorations out of the attic. And I got it in my head that I wanted some sipping chocolate, but made with white chocolate and an infusion of peppermint.
I came up with this peppermint white hot chocolate recipe that is angling to become my signature drink this holiday season.
This is a sponsored post and it contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Trimming the tree? Pour me a mug.
Snowball fight? Sure, if I can warm up with some heavenly white hot chocolate afterwards.
And the peppermint twist? It’s the work of International Delight® Peppermint Mocha creamer, one of the delicious seasonal flavors available for the holidays. (If you can’t find the peppermint coffee creamer in stores, you can make your own.)
If you’re used to making hot chocolate from powder, you owe it to yourself to try this easy from-scratch recipe.
I bet you won’t go back to the old way once you taste the difference.
How to Make Peppermint White Chocolate
To make this creamy, chocolate Christmas drink, you will need:
- peppermint coffee creamer
- white chocolate chips
- whipped cream (or make your own using a whipped cream maker)
- peppermint candies or peppermint cocktail sugar
- corn syrup
- a heavy saucepan (A milk pot or an enamel-coated pan with a pour spout is a great choice for this recipe)
- glass mugs
This recipe really doesn’t take that long to make, although you will want to watch it so that milk and chocolate don’t burn.
You’ll find a printable recipe card, with exact ingredients at the end of this post.
- Combine milk and creamer in a sauce pan and heat over a medium-low burner.
- When the milk mixture is warm, add the white chocolate chips. At this point, you’ll want to stir constantly until the chocolate is melted, about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare your mugs by dipping the rims into corn syrup and then into crushed peppermints or peppermint sugar.
- Pour hot chocolate in mugs and garnish with whipped cream and more peppermint candy pieces, if desired..
I’m just a little bit smitten with this creamy, pepperminty, warm-your-bones beverage.
As gourmet as it sounds, this white hot chocolate is really easy to make. You’ll just need a little patience at the stove as you wait for the chocolate to melt.
Like Santa, it’s worth the wait.
Peppermint Twist White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup International Delight® Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- crushed peppermint candies for garnish
- light corn syrup
- Combine milk and creamer in a heavy sauce pan and heat over a medium-low burner.
- When the milk mixture is warm, add the white chocolate chips .
- Stir constantly, until the chocolate is melted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour a small amount of corn syrup in a bowl.
- Dip the rim of a coffee mug in the corn syrup and then dip in peppermint candy pieces to coat the rim.
- Pour hot chocolate in mugs and garnish with whipped cream and more peppermint candy pieces.
Pn This! Gourmet Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
International Delight wants to know how YOU capture the spirit of the holidays. Is it a favorite family tradition? A delicious holiday recipe? Or a song you just can’t stop humming this time of year? Share a picture, recipe, song, or video that shows what makes your holidays delightful, and you could win a $5,000 holiday brunch featuring your favorite International Delight products.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
You may also enjoy these recipes: