Just in time for Thanksgiving, I’m sharing a cranberry spiced tea recipe using Sweet’N Low® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #donthesitaste Read my full disclosure policy here.
This cranberry spiced tea recipe is a cross between Russian tea and wassail, with a cranberry twist that makes it the perfect beverage to sip with your Thanksgiving meal.
Made with fresh cranberries, fruit juice and seasonal spices like cloves and cinnamon, this homemade spiced tea recipe knocks the socks off those powdered holiday tea mixes that my parents drank in the 70s and 80s!
While it does take a bit of time to cook the cranberries and steep the spices, the hands-on work for this recipe is minimal. And it smells so delicious when it’s cooking, you’ll probably want to keep a pot brewing when you have guests for the holidays.
I like serving a sugar-free drink like this for the holidays to address the needs of guests with diabetes and other dietary restrictions. Since it is sweetened with Sweet’N Low®, a zero-calorie sweetener, they can have as much of this as they like without worrying about added sugar or calories. And with all the yummy food that is part of a Thanksgiving feast, it’s a good idea to have a sugar-free, low-calorie beverage option.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 8 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- juice of 2 oranges
- juice of 1 lemon
- 24 packets Sweet’N Low®, equal to 1 cup of sugar
- 3 family-sized black tea bags or 6 regular tea bags
- Combine cranberries and water in a large pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until cranberries have softened.
- Remove from heat and add orange juice, lemon juice, cloves, cinnamon sticks, Sweet’N Low® and tea bags.
- Allow to steep for 5 minutes, then remove tea bags and allow to steep, covered, for an additional 30 minutes to an hour. It may be necessary to turn the burner to warm or low, to keep the spiced tea mixture from cooling down.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves before serving.
You can serve this sugar-free spiced tea hot, as shown, or iced.
Be sure to visit visit Sweet’N Low® for more seasonal drink recipes designed to help you enjoy the sweetness you love without the extra calories.
Looking for more ways to warm up this holiday season? Try these hot beverages.