I’m mixing up these spooky Vampire’s Kiss halloween cocktails using Sweet’N Low® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #donthesitaste
This Vampire’s Kiss cocktail is the perfect adults-only beverage to serve at your Halloween party.
These Halloween cocktails might look sinister, but they taste delicious. A blood-red strawberry puree pierces a creamy white homemade pina colada base, in this spooky take on the popular Hawaiian Lava Flow cocktail.
The right garnishes and props, like vampire teeth, plastic bats, spiderwebs and a beaker filled with strawberry puree, sweetened with zero-calorie Sweet’N Low® instead of sugar, turn tropical into spooky.
Since these cocktails use cream of coconut and two kinds of rum, they can be pretty filling. Using Sweet’N Low® in the strawberry puree helps cut down on the calories in this drink. Because even the undead have to think about those things!
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
- 3 packets Sweet'N Low
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cream of coconut
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- Combine the strawberries and Sweet'N Low in a blender and puree until creamy. Set aside.
- Pour pineapple juice, cream of coconut, light rum and coconut rum over crushed ice and blend until thick and creamy.
- Spoon 2 ounces of sweetened strawberry puree into a martini glass.
- Top with coconut and rum mixture.
- Garnish drink with plastic vampire teeth, and add two drops of strawberry puree where the fangs pierce the drink.
- Using a spoon, add more strawberry puree around the edge of the glass and dripping down the side, so it looks like blood.
A few tips on getting that look of vampire fangs piercing a victim’s creamy white neck.
I used plastic fangs from the dollar store, then cut them in half and positioned them in the thick cocktail. I added two drops of puree where the teeth break the surface. You can carefully run a toothpick through them to get a tear drop shape.
It also looks cool when you add drops of puree around the rim of the glass and even let some drip down the stem to the base.
Now, take a sip, if you dare!
Be sure to visit Sweet’N Low® for more seasonal drink recipes designed to help you enjoy the sweetness you love without the extra calories.