Create a colorful Valentine’s Day wreath using cupcake liners. This fun and easy craft can be made using supplies from the dollar store.
If you’re a fan of cupcake liner crafts, you’re going to love this Valentine’s Day wreath using pink, red, white and heart-dotted cupcake wrappers.
Totally cute! And you can use any leftover Valentine’s Day cupcake liners to make these delicious champagne red velvet cupcakes with champagne cream cheese frosting.
You can also make a round version that’s equally adorable and lovable.This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Supplies for a Valentine’s Day Wreath with Cupcake Liners
- Foam wreath form – I used a glitter foam wreath form from Dollar Tree for the heart-shaped wreath and a green floral foam wreath form for the circular one.
- Cupcake liners – You can use an assortment of Valetine’s cupcake wrappers, like I did for the heart wreath, or choose one design. The dollar store often has cute seasonal designs. I used approximately 100 cupcake liners for the heart shaped one, and probably two or three times that amount for the round wreath.
- Hot gun and glue sticks – You’ll need a good glue gun and lots of hot glue to attach the liners to the foam wreath form.
- Ribbon – If you’re using a floral foam wreath, I recommend wrapping it in ribbon first so none of the green shows through. You’ll also need ribbon to create a hanger for your wreath and a decorative bow, if you like.
- Silicone finger protectors – These are optional, but finger protectors are really useful when you’re doing a lot of hot gluing. They will protect your fingers from getting burned as you press the cupcake wrappers onto the wreath form. If you don’t have any, I recommend using a wooden popsicle stick, plastic knife or another similar tool to press and hold the liners while the glue dries.
Shop for Valentine’s Day Cupcake Liners
How to Make a Cupcake Wrapper Wreath
Gather your supplies and plug in your hot glue gun. Make sure you have extra glue sticks handy.
If you’re using a floral foam wreath form, wrap it completely with ribbon and secure with hot glue.
Prepare the cupcake wrappers by first flattening them out.
Then pinch each wrapper in the center to form a triangular flower shape.
Apply glue to the tip of the triangle and press onto the wreath form. If you notice any of the triangles opening up more than you like, you may need to add a dot glue between the folded layers.
Continue gluing cupcake liners around the wreath, filling in any spaces where the form shows.
Depending on the wreath form shape and the look you prefer, you can glue the cupcake liners so the ruffled part faces upward or to one side.
You can see that I used two different techniques on the heart and round wreaths. You’ll probably need more cupcake wrappers if you want the ruffles facing upward.
Plan on using a lot of cupcake wrappers for this project. Depending on the size of the wreath form you’re using and the fullness, you may need as many as 300 cupcake liners.
More Cupcake Ideas
If you liked this project, try one of these other cupcake-themed recipes or projects.