A tender and flavorful pork tenderloin with a citrus-bourbon gravy. Sear the pork on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet, then finish it in the oven for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner that also is good enough to serve as a holiday dinner? Then try this oven roasted pork tenderloin recipe with a delicious citrus honey-bourbon gravy.
The pork is so tender and flavorful, and the homemade gravy just makes it even better. Serve with mashed potatoes and sauteed Brussels sprouts. It’s sure to become a family favorite.
My husband generally likes my cooking, but I knew this recipe was a hit when he pushed away from the table and told me I’d outdone myself.
It’s just a big old plate of comfort food, yet the meal is surprisingly easy to make.
I went shopping at Walmart to pick up Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork, a line of U.S. born and bred all-natural products that are free of hormones, steroids and artificial ingredients, and the rest of the ingredients for our dinner.
When I got home, I gathered up all the ingredients for the pork marinade, which also serves as the base for the gravy.
Onions, lemons, gingerroot, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, and bourbon. Measure, throw it in a bag and let the pork marinate in the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. (See below for the exact recipe.)
Then sear the pork on both sides in a skillet before transferring it to the oven to roast for about 30 minutes.
It would be plenty tasty and juicy right out of the oven. But drizzled with a little bit of that lemony honey-bourbon gravy, it’s divine.
And, of course, you’ll want to save some of that gravy for your mashed potatoes.
Unless you’re like my husband who prefers his plain. Blasphemy!
More Pork Recipes
- Easy Pulled Pork Nachos with Pickled Red Onions
- Slow Roasted Hawaiian Pork
- Fried Pork Wontons
- Asian Sweet & Spicy Grilled Baby Back Ribs
- Fall Off the Bone Pork Ribs
- North Carolina Barbecue Sauce Recipes
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Citrus Honey-Bourbon Gravy
- 1 pork tenderloin
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon gingerroot peeled and minced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups water
- cooking spray
- Combine the diced onion, lemon juice, bourbon, honey, soy sauce, gingerroot, minced garlic and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large zippered bag. Add pork tenderloin and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the pork has marinated, heat remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Remove the pork from the bag, reserving the marinade, and season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Sear pork in the skillet for a minute or two on each side, until lightly browned,
- Transfer to a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour a ½ cup of marinade over the pork.
- Cover with foil and roast for 20 to 35 minutes, until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees to 160 degrees. Baste occasionally with pan juices while roasting.
- Remove pork from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Keep warm.
- Prepare the gravy by combining flour and reserved marinade in a sauce pan, whisking to combine. Gradually add the water and bring to a boil over medium heat for about 3 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened.
Pin This! Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Gravy