Show your gratitude for family members by making these personalized DIY Thanksgiving place cards. The miniature farmhouse scrolls can be printed or hand lettered.
These DIY Thanksgiving place cards do more than tell family members where to sit around the table.
They’re also little love notes with personalized messages of gratitude.
When you make these for your family members and friends, you can choose to customize them with funny or heartfelt messages.
- Martha, thanks for sharing the leftovers!
- Mom, so grateful you taught ups the importance of family.
- Jackson, you really are the best kid ever!
- Bruce, your love and support means everything.
- Belinda, thanks for always volunteering to wash the dishes.
- Donna, thanks for bringing pecan pie!
- Dad, thank you for preserving our family history.
I used my printer to make the scroll place cards. But if you have good handwriting or calligraphy skills, you can handletter them.This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. AttaGirlSays.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Supplies for DIY Thanksgiving place cards
- Kraft paper
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- Calligraphy pens or a printer
- Super strong double-sided tape or Glue Dots
- Printer paper (optional)
- Repositionable double stick tape (optional)
- Pencil, pen or paintbrush
- Jute twine
How to Make Thanksgiving Scrolls
Cut kraft paper down to letter size (8.5 inches by 11 inches) using scissors or a paper cutter.
If you’re hand lettering the scrolls, you can cut each piece in half lengthwise, leaving a piece of paper 4.25 inches wide by 11 inches long. If you’re using a printer, don’t cut the paper until after you’ve printed it.
If you’re using a printer, attach double-sided repositionable tape to a piece of printer paper, then place the kraft paper on top. This will help prevent printer paper jams.
If using a printer, format the document to two columns and set the side margins to ½ inch. You’ll be able to make two scrolls from each letter size piece of Kraft paper.
Hand letter or print the name and message about 3.5 inches down on the kraft paper using a calligraphy font.
Carefully remove the kraft paper from the printer paper. Cut the kraft paper in half lengthwise to create two scrolls.
Use a pencil, pen or paintbrush to begin rolling the scroll from the top edge. Use super strong double stick tape or glue dots to secure the rolled scroll. Repeat at the bottom of the scroll.
Thread a piece of jute twine through the top of the scroll and tie both ends with a knot to create a hanger.
More Thanksgiving Craft Ideas
Here are some more Thanksgiving craft and decorating ideas you migth enjoy:
- Fall Tealight Candle Holder
- Pilgrim Embroidery Hoop Silhouettes
- Thanksgiving Turkey Crafts to Make with Leaves
- Goofy Gourd Turkeys