When a traditional Jack-o’-lantern won’t cut it, try one of these creative pumpkin decorating ideas instead. Pizzas, ice cream, doughnuts and more — you’ll be amazed by these these decorated pumpkins that look like food.
When is an orange not an orange? When it’s a pumpkin.
Cheesy jokes aside, you’re going to love these creative pumpkin decorating ideas featuring pumpkins carved, painted and decorated to look like food.
I was inspired to create this gourmet roundup after sharing my no-carve pizza pumpkin.
Turns out you can make a lot of different foods using pumpkins!
The gourmet lineup includes pumpkins masquerading as fruit and pumpkins disguised as your favor fast food, as well as lots of dessert-inspired no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Shop for Pumpkin Decorating Supplies
Creative Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
Click through the links below to snag the directions for how to replicate these creative pumpkin decorating ideas on your own. You’ll find no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas, painted pumpkins and carved pumpkins. You can use real pumpkins or faux pumpkins for most of these ideas.
Any of these ideas would be great to enter into a pumpkin decorating contest. They’re all clever enough to bring home the blue ribbon! Or maybe a James Beard Award for most creative use of a pumpkin!
Fast Food Pumpkins
- Pizza Halloween Pumpkin Ideas from Atta Girl Says
- No-Carve Cheeseburger Pumpkin from The Paper Mama
- Cheeseburger Pumpkin
- Carved Cheeseburger Pumpkin
Ice Cream & Dessert Pumpkins
- Ice Cream Cone Pumpkin from Frugal Coupon Living
- Spilled Ice Cream Cone Mini Halloween Pumpkin from Brite and Bubbly
- DIY Ice Cream Pumpkins from The DIY Playbook
- The Cutest Cupcake Pumpkin Ever from Hello Wonderful
- DIY Donut Pumpkins from Studio DIY
- DIY Donut Pumpkin from The DIY Playbook
- Donut Pumpkin Painting Party from Fun With The Full Woods
One of these doughnut pumpkins would be fun decor or a hands-on activity for a donut party.
DIY Candy Corn Pumpkins
DIY Fruit Pumpkins
- DIY Fruit Pumpkins from Style Me Pretty
- Watermelon Pumpkin from Mom 4 Real
- DIY Pineapple Pumpkin from Studio DIY
If you like playing with your food, you may also enjoy these ideas: