I’m sweetening up summer with Sweet’N Low® and sharing this brunch-worthy craft cocktail blueberry basil mojito recipe as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #donthesitaste
The first time I saw blueberries and basil together in a glass, I wasn’t sure what to think about the combo. But I decided to trust the bartender and give it a swig.
Make it a double!
With its combination of blueberries, basil, lime and rum, this cocktail is packed with fresh flavors with a kick. It has just a hint of sweet (thanks to the addition of a single packet of Sweet’N Low® zero-calorie sweetener.) Normally, mojito recipes call for the use of simple syrup, but by using Sweet’N Low® instead, you can cut out quite a few calories and still enjoy the sweetness of this cocktail.
I’d serve this cocktail at brunch or outside a hot summer day — anytime you’re looking for a light and refreshing mixed drink. It’s the perfect deck or porch cocktail.
Let’s make one.
- 1½ ounces light rum
- 1 packet Sweet'N Low®
- 4-6 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 6-8 blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, plus more for garnish
- club soda
- Rub the rim and inside of an old-fashioned glass with basil leaves.
- Drop them into the bottom of the glass.
- Slice lime into four wedges and put them in the bottom of the glass.
- Toss in the blueberries and Sweet'N Low®. Muddle the lime, blueberries, basil and sweetener together to release the fruit juices and blend the flavors.
- Fill glass with crushed ice. Pour rum over ice and top with club soda. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional lime slices, blueberries and basil.
Visit Sweet’N Low® for more low-calorie summer drink recipes.
This sugar-free homemade fresh cherry limeade is one of my favorite beat-the-heat drinks. You can spike it or serve a nonalcoholic version.
Want to make your summer even sweeter? Come hang out with Sweet’N Low® on their summer sampling tour to try some Sweet’N Low® sweetened iced tea, play fun games and snap hilarious pictures of all the fun. Be sure to mention Atta Girl Says at the event for a special gift.
See where you can meet up with Sweet’N Low® this summer at: sweetnlow.com/tour. For all my North Carolina readers, the Sweet’N Low® team will be in Charlotte Aug. 28-Sept. 1. You might even see me there!