I’m beginning to feel like September is one endless party around here. We’ve been celebrating a bit of everything — play dates with friends, Labor Day and the end of summer — and also planning an epic Star Wars birthday party.
Later this week, I’ll be sharing the details of the Captain America party we threw recently. And today, I’m serving up the recipe for one of the red-white-and-blue snacks I served at this event.
Yummy white chocolate popcorn snack mix with three different kinds of M&Ms.
What’s not to love about this salty-sweet combo of M&M candies, popcorn and pretzels drizzled coated with white chocolate?
I used three different kinds of M&Ms in my white chocolate popcorn snack mix: regular chocolate M&Ms, pretzel M&Ms and M&Ms Mega.
But I say go with with whatever flavors (and colors) match your taste buds and your sweet tooth.
I think this would be amazing with the mint or seasonal flavored M&Ms, and peanut M&Ms would be awesome, too!
For the Captain America party, I served the snack mix in treat cones made from photocopied vintage comic books.
The recipe is so easy, too!
You can use a couple of bags of microwave popcorn, but if you have the time, I recommend making stovetop popcorn, just maybe cut back the amount of oil so your popcorn is extra crispy.
- 9 cups plain popcorn, popped
- 2 cups assorted M&Ms (I used regular milk chocolate, pretzel and M&Ms Mega)
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, M&Ms candy and pretzels. Mix well.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler, following package instructions.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture. Stir to coat.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture and stir, making sure the entire batch is covered.
- Turn the chocolate-coated snack mix out onto the lined cookie sheet to cool.
- When chocolate has cooled and hardened, break up the mixture into large pieces
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Want more party food ideas?
My Party Foods Pinterest board is chock full of good idea from lots of fabulous cooks.
And check out these recipes, too.