This is the best carrot cake recipe! The moist Bundt cake is bursting with the flavor of carrots, pecans and cinnamon. It has been a family favorite for more than 30 years. No one can believe the secret ingredient is baby food carrots!
My mom has the best carrot cake recipe, made with baby food — of all things.
I always thought that was the funniest thing when I was growing up. Who puts baby food in carrot cake?
I do — and I think you will, too, once you give this recipe a try.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you make a purchase based on my referral, I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
With this recipe, you get all the delicious carrot flavor without having to grate any vegetables.
Another thing that’s different about this carrot cake recipe is that you don’t frost it with cream cheese icing. I’m generally a fan of cream cheese icing, but this cake doesn’t need it.
It’s very moist straight out of the Bundt pan, but you can always make a powdered sugar glaze if you want to make it a little sweeter.
Glaze makes everything better!
Another thing I like about this carrot cake recipe is how quick it is to mix up. It will take about 10 minutes, and you don’t even have to pull out your big mixer for it.
I hope you’ll enjoy this carrot cake recipe as much as our family does.
Nutty Glazed Carrot Cake
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 4- ounce jars of Stage 2 or Stage 3 baby food carrots
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs, oil and baby food carrots and stir until well incorporated
- Pour batter in greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan, then invert onto a cake plate.
- Once cake has cooled, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together, until smooth. Pour over the cake.
Pin This! Best Carrot Cake Recipe