Disclosure: Compensation was provided by The Hershey Company via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of The Hershey Company or Momtrends #HersheysSummer Read my full disclosure policy here.
That’s what you’re going to say to me when you taste this Elvis-inspired s’mores recipe I cooked up.
Famously, the king of rock ‘n roll loved fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. His mama, Gladys, used to fry them up in batches for her boy.
Well, I took mama Gladys’s sandwich and made it better by turning it into dessert.
S’mores, made with a square of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate sandwiched between two graham crackers and topped with a campfire-roasted marshmallow, are a summertime classic.
But I love adding my own delicious twist.
Peanut butter, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, Jet Puffed marshmallows, Honey Maid graham crackers and caramelized bananas…what a heartbreakingly good combination.
Break out the beaded white jumpsuit because your taste buds are going to shimmy with delight.
Before I share the recipe for these, I wanted to remind you that you don’t need a campfire to enjoy s’mores.
We toasted these on the grill. I put a thick piece of foil on the grill grate, then added my chocolate-topped graham crackers, cooking until just melted. Meanwhile, I threaded the marshmallows onto skewers and held them over the flame until they were toasty. Then, I assembled the s’mores.
You can also combine all the ingredients in a foil packet and heat on the grill until melted. (Then you can get the treat of licking the oozing chocolate and peanut butter off the foil! Not that we’d know anything about that, of course.)
Or you can put them in the oven under the broiler for just a few minutes.
- Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars
- Graham crackers, broken into squares
- peanut butter
- 1 banana, slightly green
- 1 TBS butter
- brown sugar
- Melt butter in a frying pan and gently fry the bananas, being careful not to mash them. It's best to use a slightly green banana. Don't use an over-ripe one.
- When bananas are browned on each side, sprinkle lightly with brown sugar and remove from heat.
- Top a graham cracker with a square of Hershey's Milk Chocolate.
- Spread peanut butter generously over another graham cracker square.
- Toast a marshmallow, and add it to your chocolate and graham cracker stack.
- Top with a few caramelized bananas and the peanut butter coated graham cracker.
National S’mores Day is Aug. 10, and that would be the perfect time make this Elvis-inspired s’mores recipe. Be sure to visit CelebrateWithHersheys.com for more s’mores and summertime recipes and craft ideas.
If you need an easy way to serve s’mores on the go, check out my recipe (and free printable) for Sunshine S’mores in a mason jar.