Gourmet pizza in minutes! This delcious chicken bacon artichoke flatbread pizza uses fridge and pantry staples and is ready in less than 20 minutes. #ad #Cookwithalfresco
These days, I’m looking for quick and easy, time-saving meals that use staple ingredients from the pantry and fridge, like this chicken bacon artichoke pizza.
The quick and easy-to-make flatbread pizza fits the bill on all counts, and it’s so flavorful. I almost forgot it came from my kitchen and not some gourmet pizza place.
This is a sponsored post for al fresco Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage, but all opinions are my own. Read my full disclosure policy here.
This recipe was inspired by a thin-crust pie from one of our favorite local pizza joints. But I think the make-at-home version taste even better since I used al fresco fully cooked dinner sausage instead of plain chicken breast.
The chicken sausage is flecked with bits of red pepper, green pepper and spices that give it so much flavor.
Since this recipe uses a pre-baked pizza crust and fully cooked al fresco chicken sausage, you can have this meal on the table in less than 20 minutes. including prep time. That’s my kind of dinner!
Serve it with the best salad ever and make up a batch of tastes-like-homemade chocolate brownies for dessert. A yummy meal, indeed!
I love having a pack of al fresco sausage in the fridge for quick and easy weeknight meals. The sausage can be cooked in the oven, on the stovetop, grill or microwaved.
It’s delish in pasta, like this lemony Italian chicken artichoke pasta, and we use al fresco chicken sausage a lot for sheet pan meals with roasted vegetables. (I recently served it with roasted butternut squash, sweet potatoes, zuchinni and cauliflower. So good!)
To Make Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza, You Will Need:
- Prepared pizza or flatbread crust – To save time, buy a prebaked pizza crust. I always keep these in the pantry for a quick lunch or dinner.
- Olive oil – Brush a good quality olive over the crust before adding sauce and toppings to the pizza.
- White pasta sauce – Use your favorite jar of a roasted garlic parmesan sauce or Alfredo pasta sauce.
- Spinach – Fresh baby spinach works best, but you can also chop larger spinach leaves.
- Artichoke hearts – Use canned, jar or thawed frozen artichoke hearts that have been rinsed, drained and chopped.
- al fresco chicken sausage – Slice the sausage link into 1/4 -inch thick coins.
- Bacon – Cook a few extra pieces of bacon at breakfast and crumble them to sprinkle over the flatbread pizza.
- Mozzarella cheese – Shredded mozzarella cheese works best for this pizza.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza
Preheat the oven, following the directions on the package of crust.
To make the pizza, start by brushing the crust with olive oil.
Then spread a generous amount of roasted garlic parmesan or Alfredo pasta sauce over the crust.
Sprinkle generously with shredded cheese.
Add toppings – fresh spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, chicken sausage and bacon crumbles.
Finish with a light dusting of mozzarella cheese.
Bake for about 8 minutes until cheese is melted and the crust is lightly brown. (Follow the baking instructions included with the pizza crust for best results.)
If you don’t have Alfredo-style pasta sauce, you can use regular pizza sauce for this flatbread pizza recipe.
Or make a traditional pizza, substituting the al fresco chicken sausage for pepperoni or crumbled sausage.
You could also make a barbecue chicken pizza using barbecue sauce, al fresco chicken sausage, sliced red onions and shredded gouda cheese or fresh mozzarella.
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Need more quick dinner ideas? Try these recipes
If you try this Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza or any recipe on Atta Girl Says, please come back and share your 5-star rating in the comments below! I appreciate it, and my readers do, too!
Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza
- 1 flatbread pizza crust
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 al fresco chicken sausage link
- 2 slices bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven, following the directions on the package of crust.
- To make the pizza, start by brushing the crust with olive oil.
- Spread a generous amount of pasta sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle generously with cheese and add toppings – fresh spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, chicken sausage, bacon crumbles.
- Finish with a light dusting of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until cheese is melted and the crust is lightly brown. (Follow the baking instructions included with the pizza crust for best results.)
Pin This! Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza
Leave a Reply