This is a sponsored post in partnership with Forward Influence on behalf of Avocados From Mexico. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Amp up the flavor at your next party with these loaded avocado fries, topped with queso fresco cheese, cilantro and a homemade TABASCO® Sauce crema. I’ll show you two different ways to make this appetizer — using regular french fries topped with avocado slices, or with homemade avocado fries you bake or cook in an air fryer.
It’s not a Big Game party without loaded fries, am I right?
But I’m changing things up a bit this year by serving up two different versions of the football fan favorite featuring healthy, delicious and always-in-season Avocados from Mexico. If you love guacamole, then you know how delicious avocados are. But did you know how versatile they are? I’ve teamed up with four other bloggers to share some delicious avocado recipes you can make for game day.
Like these loaded avocado fries.
One version features a base of french fries, topped with avocados, cilantro, green onion, queso fresco cheese and a homemade TABASCO® Sauce crema, a creamy, slightly sour condiment that is a staple in Mexican food.
But if you really want to shake things up, skip the potato fries altogether and replace them with avocado fries you bake in the oven or in your air fryer.
Then load the avocado fries up with queso fresco, cilantro, green onions and the TABASCO® Sauce crema. You can use TABASCO® Pepper Sauce or the TABASCO® Green Pepper Sauce to prepare the crema. TABASCO® Pepper Sauce is made from three simple ingredients: red peppers, salt, and vinegar, and it’s adds a great kick of flavor to your favorite foods. I always like to keep a bottle of TABASCO® Sauce on the buffet table, so party guests can add more spice and flavor to their fries.
If you haven’t tried avocado fries yet, what are you waiting for? They’re delicious and easy to make!
Loaded Avocado Fries with TABASCO® Sauce Crema
For the Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados each sliced into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- cooking spray
TABASCO® Sauce Crema
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons TABASCO® Pepper Sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons TABASCO® Green Pepper Sauce
Loaded Avocado Fries Toppings
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup queso fresco cheese crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons TABASCO® Sauce Crema
To Make the Avocado Fries
- Combine the all-purpose flour and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix the egg with water. Pour the panko crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge the avocado slices in flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip each one in the egg mixture and dredge in panko crumbs, coating well.
- If preparing the avocado fries in an air fryer, spray with cooking spray on both sides. Put the breaded fries into the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- To bake the avocado fries, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake the avocado fries for 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
To make the TABASCO® Sauce Crema
- Combine the sour cream and heavy cream in a bowl, whisking to blend.
- Add the salt and lime juice, whisk again. Cover the crema sauce with plastic wrap and let sit out 2 hours so it can thicken.
- After the crema has set for several hours, divide the mixture evenly into two bowls. Add TABASCO® Green Pepper Sauce to half of the mixture, whisking to combine. Start with 1 Tablespoon and add more TABASCO® Green Pepper Sauce, to taste.
- Add TABASCO® Pepper Sauce to the remaining plain crema and whisk to combine. Start with 1 Tablespoon and add more TABASCO® Pepper Sauce, to taste.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in air tight containers until ready to use.
To Assemble the Loaded Avocado Fries
- Place hot baked on air fried avocado fries into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco cheese, green onion slices and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with TABASCO® Sauce crema, and sprinkle on more TABASCO® Sauce, if desired.
When choosing avocados to make fries, pick ones that are slightly firm that will hold their shape when you slice them.
If you don’t have time to make avocado fries, or if you want to give your party guests options, bake frozen french fries in the oven and top then with avocado slices, cheese, cilantro, green onions and that delicious TABASCO® Sauce crema.
Be sure you serve some fruity, fizzy, fun RITAS to go along with them. I’m a big fan of the Lime-A-Rita flavor paired with these loaded avocado fries.
If you’re looking for more Game Day ideas and inspiration, check out these recipes from my teammates.
- Avocado Chicken Salad Pinwheels from Doughmesstic
- Shrimp Nachos from Sunny Sweet Days
- Chipotle Pepper Guacamole Dip from Today’s Creative Life
- Buffalo Chicken Avocado Toast Bites from Dukes & Duchesses
Which one will you make to enjoy and savor winning flavors while you’re watching the Big Game? I know I definitely will make several of these recipes for our party spread.
Don’t miss out on your chance to enter to win a $1000 prize from our sponsors.
Make sure you pin both of my recipes for loaded avocado fries so you can make them for your next party.
You may also enjoy these delicious avocado recipes: