If you love mason jar crafts, you are going to love this transformation.
It is so, so easy to turn a regular Ball brand jar into a mirrored mason jar!
You can see I went a little spray crazy!
But you know how much I love my mason jars.
This week, I’m teaming up with the Ball brand and a group of bloggers to share our favorite mason jar crafts in a series of Google+ video hangouts.
Click play for instructions on how to make your own mirrored or mercury glass mason jars.
I told you it was easy!
I just love the new spring green Mason jars from the Ball Heritage Collection, celebrating the company’s 100th anniversary.
But I’m not sure anything can replace that heritage blue mason jars in my heart…
Except maybe this mirrored version.
Then, the clear glass jars also look amazing when sprayed with the Looking Glass spray paint.
If you want to get really fancy, you can create a mercury glass mason jar by spraying a couple coats of the paint inside, then spritzing lightly with vinegar. The vinegar will remove some of the paint. When it dries, apply a few more coats of paint inside the jar to get the mottled mercury glass look that you see above.
A few things to keep in mind when working with Krylon Looking Glass spray paint:
- Apply the paint on the inside of your jar in light coats.
- Always spray paint outside.
- The paint dries quickly; you only have to wait about a minute between coats.
- Once jars have been painted, they are NOT FOOD SAFE! So, DO NOT serve beverages or food out of them. Just use them decoratively.
- Don’t use any liquid inside the painted jars as it might react with the paint and remove it. Do not use water in them, as I mentioned in the video. It doesn’t immediately remove the paint, but after a while, it does. If you want to use them as vases, insert a plastic cup inside them to protect the finish.
I have a feeling I’m going to be making a bunch of these!
Be sure to check out all the other mason jar crafts this week at Crafty Hangouts. You can find the full schedule and links to all the videos there.
And be sure to check out my other mason jar decorating, craft and recipe ideas.
Make Your Own Stickers
Disclosure: I was provided with free product from Ball brand, but all opinions are my own. Post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.