After our last snow day, I treated myself to a little window shopping. I like to call it retail therapy. I wasn’t looking to buy anything in particular; I was more in search of inspiration.
I found it at Anthropologie. In fact, I was feeling so inspired that I made these no-sew ribbon embellished cocktail napkins after seeing something similar in the store.
I’m sharing how I made these cute-as-the-dickens cocktail napkins for this month’s No-Sew Decorating showcase with my blogging friends, Suzy from Worthing Court, Ann from On Sutton Place, Yvonne from StoneGable, Debbie from Confessions of a Plate Addict and Barb from The Everyday Home.
These ladies always come up with the cutest, most creative no-sew projects. I love being part of this no-sew showcase with them every month.
Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores, and not just because I covet just about everything I see in there. I love the unique decor you’ll find at every store, the creativity the visual merchandising teams use in setting up displays, and the mood they set with plants, lighting, scent and music. I could spend hours in Anthropologie — and I have! — soaking up the inspiration and recharging my creative juices.
I thought this Ribbon Heart Dishtowel was so cute, and I knew it would be the perfect no-sew project for Valentine’s Day.
Instead of making dishtowels, I handcrafted a set of four cocktail napkins using plain ones I bought for just a few dollars. I think these would make great teacher or hostess gifts, in a set of two or four. (But these babies are going on my bar cart!)
I raided my scrap ribbon and trim stash to make these.
The hardest part was forming the heart shape, until I figured out a little trick.
- Cut a heart template out of a sticky printable shipping label or a piece of vinyl.
- Lay strips of ribbon and trim face down on the sticky side, overhanging the template.
- Flip the heart over and cut away the excess ribbon.
- Lay the template on your napkin and remove the sticker.
- Adhere the ribbon to the napkins using fabric glue or double-stick fabric tape or fusible webbing. Easy!
(If you don’t have any sticky shipping labels, you can make a heart template out of paper and attach the strips of ribbon to it with double-stick tape to get the right shape.)
I decided to finish my heart napkins with some cute pompom trim. It was just the finishing touch they needed.
I also made a coordinating design to go with each heart napking.
This one features strips of ribbon and trim glued in strips on the napkin.
The pink heart napkin’s pair is decorated with a edge band of ruffled pink ribbon and flower blossoms, which I attached with fabric glue.
I added an iron-on rhinestone in the center of each flower.
I’m in love with this set of sweet handmade cocktail napkins.
I’m thinking I may have to make some coordinating tea towels next!
Now, you must hop over to see my friends’ no-sew projects for Valentine’s Day.
- No-Sew Faux Cross Stitch Valentine Tea Towel from Confessions of a Plate Addict
- No-Sew Burlap Posy Pillow from StoneGable
- How to Make an Easy Double-Ribbon Bow Like a Pro from The Everyday Home
- Anthropologie Inspired Heart Collector Pillow from On Sutton Place
- No-Sew, No-Knit Cup Cozies from Worthing Court
Don’t forget to pin my project so you can make your own no-sew cocktail napkins. And if you do make some, I’d love for you to share a photo.
Linking up at the following parties: