You have to try this easy, baked version of the Italian classic. This halfway homemade easy parmesan chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and Sunday family suppers. It cooks in just 30 minutes.
How often is it that you find a meal that is suited for busy weeknights and Sunday family suppers?
My easy chicken parmesan recipe is a quick-prep meal you can throw together after school or work, with little mess and little fuss. Thirty minutes later, you have a delicious dinner on the table. This baked chicken parm tastes like you spent hours making it, like it’s one of those recipes you only make for Sunday suppers and other special occasions.
But it’s super quick and easy, freeing me up to have more time to help with homework, play with my son, chat with my husband about his day or simply take a few minutes to relax.
A friend passed along this recipe for parmesan-crusted baked chicken a few years ago, and my family has always enjoyed it. But when I added a little Italian flair to it — noodles, sauce, melted mozzarella — my husband couldn’t stop raving about it. He’s made me promise to make it again soon. I guess it’s true that the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
Actually, he’s even volunteered to make it next time. It’s definitely within his culinary wheelhouse.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine. Read my full disclosure policy here.
While traditional parmesan chicken recipes require you to fry the breaded chicken breasts and make a sauce from scratch, mine shortcuts those steps. These shortcuts save both prep time and cleanup time.
The chicken has a buttery, baked breading and it uses Tuscan-inspired Bertolli® pasta sauce. I always pick up a few jars whenever I’m at Walmart because these sauces are so convenient and so tasty.
For this easy parmesan chicken recipe, I used the Bertolli® Tomato & Basil sauce — our favorite right out of the jar.
Once I’ve breaded the chicken breasts by dipping them in butter and a bread crumb and parmesan cheese mixture, I bake them for about 20 minutes. Then, I pull the pan out of the oven and add sauce and fresh mozzarella slices and more sauce. Then, it’s back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
While the cheese is melting, I boil some spaghetti noodles to serve with the chicken.
Bertolli® is celebrating 150 years of authentic Tuscan taste and delicious family dinners. If you’re looking for ways to bring Tuscany to your dinner table, be sure to follow Bertolli® on Pinterest for great recipes beyond your typical pasta and sauce dishes. #BertolliTuscanTour
Easy Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- ½ jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Melt butter in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in butter, and then in the bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat each side completely
- Arrange breaded chicken breasts in baking dish and pour the remaining melted butter on top of them. (You don't have to use all of the butter if you prefer a lighter dish.)
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove pan from the oven.
- Spoon pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan and on top of each chicken breast. Top each breast with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese and another spoonful of pasta sauce.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and sauce is warm and bubbly.
- While the chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti noodles in boiling water, according to package directions. Drain noodles.
- Serve chicken breasts and sauce over spaghetti.
Pin This! Easy Baked Parmesan Chicken
[…] Us Four Skillet Pizza Chicken from Moms Messy Miracles Easy Parmesan Chicken from Atta Girl Says Spicy Moroccan Chicken Croquettes from Eat Pray Read Love […]