Stop! Before you read any more, go ahead and grab yourself a cookie to go along with your morning coffee.
Or, if you’re trying to avoid the temptation of sweets this holiday season, you may want to move along.
Today, I’m partnering with some of my favorite foodie bloggers for a virtual Christmas cookie exchange.
Instead of trading cookies, we’re trading Christmas cookie recipes. More than 40 Christmas cookie recipes, including mine for buttery Lemon Oatmeal Lacies.(These happen to be a perfect not-too-sweet cookie to enjoy with your morning coffee, if you’re into that sort of thing!
Be sure to follow along on the Cookie Exchange Pinterest board for year round cookie recipe inspirations!
Now, for my recipe for Lemon Oatmeal Lacies.
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the powdered sugar) and mix will.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough balls with a glass that has been dipped in powdered sugar. The cookies will spread when they cook, so don't worry about making them too flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cooled, sprinkle them with powdered sugar, if desired.
Now let’s check out some of those other delicious cookie recipes. At the end of this post, you’ll also have the opportunity to link up your favorite Christmas cookie recipe.