What a busy and project-filled year it’s been.
Biggest project of all? I started this blog.
What an interesting journey that has been. I’ve learned a lot. Doubted a lot. Done a lot. Worried a lot. Changed a lot. Planned a lot. Dreamed a lot. Posted a lot.
As we say farewell to 2012, I thought I’d recap my favorite projects and posts of the year.
In this recap/roundup, I hope you’ll find inspiration and ideas to make your home brighter and your heart lighter. That’s my motto here at Atta Girl Says. I’ve certainly accomplished that in my home, and I hope my projects, recipes and musings have also brought some lightness and brightness to my readers’ homes and lives.
Now, without further, ado, here’s my Best of 2012 wrap-up, beginning with my favorite craft projects.
- Vintage Graphic Iron-on Transfer Napkins
- DIY Faux Mercury Glass Mirror
- Pottery Barn Knockoff Faux Mercury Glass Easter Egg Tree
- 3D Family Bucket List
- Wax Paper Transfer Cheese Tray
- Painted Halloween Rocks
- Decorated Easter Jars
- Scrap Fabric and Rolled Flower Flip-Flops
- Mod Podge Storybook Easter Eggs
- DIY Faux Driftwood Twig Deer Head Mount
- Burlap Circus Pennant Banner
- Chalkboard spice rack
Now, some of the best recipes to come out of my kitchen in 2012:
- Ladies Who Lunch Artichoke & Olive Pasta Salad
- Simple Chicken & Veggie Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew
- Homemade Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
- White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter & Coconut Easter Eggs
- Sweet & Spicy Chili
- Easter Asparagus Strudel
- Quick & Easy Mexican Shrimp Bisque
- Rustic Caprese Pizza
- Fresh from the Freezer Guacamole
- Hot Mustard Greens & Artichoke Dip
- World’s Best Fried Wontons
When I wasn’t in the craft room or the kitchen, you’d probably find me in the garage in 2012, working on yet another furniture painting project. Like these:
- Chalkboard Armoire Doors
- Sinclair Dinosaur Stool
- Beachy Striped Table
- French Pink Nightstand
- Shades of Gray Dresser
- French Enamel Milk Paint Craft Armoire
- French Label Table
- Coca-Cola Chair
- Ballerina Table
- Betsy Ross Flag Chair
- Damask Stenciled Table
And speaking of furniture painting, my most popular post of the year was about how to remove stinky smells from old furniture.
In between the cooking, crafting and painting, I found time to do some decorating projects around the house, and you can rest assured that I’ll be showcasing more of these types of projects in 2013:
- Laundry room reveal
- Living room revamp
- Guest bedroom mood board
- Botanical Artwork Gallery Wall
- Bedroom Farrah Fretwork Curtain Odyssey
I also did a little holiday and seasonal decorating:
- Halloween Front Porch
- Keeping It Real Christmas Mantel
- Living Room Christmas Decor
- Outdoor Thanksgiving Feast
- Fall Mantel
- Easter Decor
- Valentine’s Vignette
As we close the door on another year, I thought it fitting to also show you some of the wreaths I made in 2012. I’m a Southerner, and wreaths are clearly an addiction of mine.
- Orange and Black Burlap Halloween Wreath
- Aqua and Natural Burlap Bubble Wreath
- Sweet Gum Ball Wreath
- Spring Burlap Wreath
- Dollar Store Grape Vine Easter Egg Wreath
- ‘Til Death Do Us Part Spooky Halloween Wreath
- Antlers in Evergreen Christmas Wreath
- Paper Pinwheel Wreath
- Pink Cupcake Liner Valentine’s Wreath
I’m looking forward to another creatively busy year!
Happy New Year! I’ll be partying here: