My husband is generally pretty easygoing whenever it comes to decorating our house.
He’s a “whatever-makes-you-happy-is-fine-with-me” kind of guy. Which, of course, makes me very happy. He doesn’t demand a man cave or insist on hanging sports memorabilia in our living room. And because he’s good to me like that, I try not to go too girly-girly pink and floral in our master bedroom.
Nope, I save that for our guest bedroom.
For months now, I’ve been pinning inspiring pink and aqua images and slowly introducing pink and aqua pieces into the guest bedroom.
I still have a few details to sort out — like curtains and a headboard and maybe some embroidered shams and some accent pillows — before revealing my guest bedroom.
But I did want to give you a glimpse at my thinking for the room. So, I created this mood board with some of my favorite inspirations.
1) In addition to the pops of pink, what I really love about this bedroom is the artwork. I have my own inspiration piece of art from the talented Michelle Armas, which you can see at this post at Cottage & Vine, plus some paintings from my grandmother.
2) Love this fabric from Toadstool Peacock from Pine Cone Hill via Layla Grayce. (I may just have some of this in my fabric stash.)
3) More pretty pillows via Nest Decorating
4) I’m thinking of using a bold, dramatic geometric print on my windows. I love this pink herringbone curtains, originally featured in Oprah magazine.
5) I love the Jonathan Adler Hot Pink Nixon Throw Blanket, but not the $295 price. But I may have found a very close approximation for a tenth of the price.
6) Love the color scheme and the details of this pink and aqua birthday party styled by Banner Boutique.
7) Sexy hot pink table as nightstand in this room featured in House Beautiful.
8 ) More geometric print pink curtain love.
9) A mood board to inspire my mood board.
10) A clever little DIY project in shades of pink and aqua from Real Simple.
11) What’s not to like? Vibrant aqua walls, an awesome upholstered headboard, a to-die-for chandelier and a quote from one of Hollywood’s most glamorous women.
I can’t wait to reveal my guest bedroom. Heck, I can’t wait to finish it.
In the meantime, please join me in drooling over some other pink and aqua inspiration on Guest Bedroom pinboard on Pinterest.